Retiree Benefits

Questions and answers about medical benefits, severance pay outs. etc.

Retiree Benefits

Postby Maggie on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Do Management retirees have any eye care benefits? I could not find much about Davis Vision so I'm guessing that is no longer an option for a provider. Nothing very current that I could find in a search . Thank you for any help you can provide.
Maggie
Director

Re: Retiree Benefits

Postby fisher1 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Maggie wrote:Do Management retirees have any eye care benefits? I could not find much about Davis Vision so I'm guessing that is no longer an option for a provider. Nothing very current that I could find in a search . Thank you for any help you can provide.

Depends on the type of eye care. I get coverage for tests, medicine, procedures, etc - for my eye related medical conditions - glaucoma, diabetes, etc. Seems that eyes are treated by medical coverage just like any other organ. But the Davis coverage for glasses (rims & lens) isn't very good. I can't vouch for other's experience.
fisher1
CEO

Postby NECOEI on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Maggie wrote:Do Management retirees have any eye care benefits? I could not find much about Davis Vision so I'm guessing that is no longer an option for a provider. Nothing very current that I could find in a search . Thank you for any help you can provide.

Here's their number (800) 283-9374 or website. https://www.davisvision.com/default.aspx

I use them but fisher1 is right, not the best.
NECOEI
CEO

Postby banshee on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 am

It has always seemed strange to me that almost all of the human anatomy is covered by a single medical plan, with the exception of eyes and teeth.
banshee
CEO

Return to Retiree Benefits