Express Scripts What a Joke

Questions and answers about medical benefits, severance pay outs. etc.

Express Scripts What a Joke

Postby VzTITer on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:44 am

I'm surprised there isn't a lot of complaints listed here.

Fortunately I haven't had needed any long term prescriptions. Recently though, it appeared that ordering a 90 day supply was the way to go for me. My doctor had a difficult time submitting the request. I then received a computerized voice message that made no sense. I received an Email saying I needed to confirm the order. Confirmation required entering either the confirmation, prescription or invoice number - they were either not provided or were not correct in the Email. Eventually I confirmed it after digging through the Web site - took a few tries. Now after two days, it says it has not shipped yet and will take 5 to 10 days unless I pay $12 for shipping.

Is that quality or what ! I see the Medco(Very good Company) merger was 5 years ago. Apparently they still have not gotten their act together.
VzTITer
Director

Re: Express Scripts What a Joke

Postby JOE_G on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:50 pm

To be honest I have never had a problem like that, never a shipping charge even on meds I take that come in a cold pak shipped UPS next day. The problem I do have is that they send meds to early after last refill and on occasion had to stop refills. At one point I counted my blood pressure meds and I had over a one year supply and I do take them ever day without a miss.
JOE_G
CEO

Postby Kenl on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:08 pm

I've never had the type of problem you describe with Express Scripts. Although I agree that they are too quick to renew prescriptions.
Kenl
Supervisor

Postby Winging it on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:25 pm

My wife and I have used Express Scripts for a number of years. She takes numerous medications and I take a few. The auto-refill program works pretty well for us, but I have had to, on occasion, delay the refill dates. As others have said, they tend to send the refills early which can result in excess pills over a period of time. We're pretty happy with their service. The biggest problems we've had is that when E-S contacts one of our Dr.'s for a prescription renewal, the Dr. is slow in responding, if at all. We've had to follow up several times with this particular Dr. However, that seems to be improving now that this Dr.'s office staff has been reorganized.

The other problem we've had is when the Dr. takes my wife off of medications. Getting that point across to E-S usually took a phone call. If you just take the med Rx off of auto-refill, E-S will bug you about getting the Rx refilled.
Winging it
Supervisor

Postby banshee on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Sorry to hear you had a problem with Express Scripts.
IMO, they generally run a good ship.
It's been my experience that they're one of the very few entities that have a relationship with employees who I think operate incredibly smoothly.
The only issue I've ever had with them was one billing dispute where, to the best of my recollection, I was charged hundreds of dollars for a prescription because I failed to read a letter explaining there was a generic available.
Though I was angry at being separated from so much money needlessly, it was my inattention that caused the situation. Otherwise, I think they've generally been a pleasure to do business with.
banshee
CEO

Postby TX Employee on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:49 pm

I have not had any bad experiences with Express Scripts. You can control the refills by opting OUT of the auto refill program at any time. I never pay for expedited or special shipping by always opting for the 5-10 day regular delivery.
TX Employee
CEO

Postby Broken Man on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:01 pm

JOE_G wrote:To be honest I have never had a problem like that, never a shipping charge even on meds I take that come in a cold pak shipped UPS next day. The problem I do have is that they send meds to early after last refill and on occasion had to stop refills. At one point I counted my blood pressure meds and I had over a one year supply and I do take them ever day without a miss.

I have had the same issue with my Humana PPO plan. I would respond to an email that told me it was time to refill drug ABC and XYZ, so I would authorize, but after ordering I would check my supply and have plenty available. The Humana pharmacy will authorize a refill after two months of your latest fill, which meant before long you had an abundant oversupply. Then, when you stopped any refill orders so you could use what you had, you would get emails and voice mails telling you you need to reorder!

Ah well, at least I'm getting everything I need with few copays, so all in all it works for me.
Broken Man
CEO

Postby RDTELMAN on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 pm

My dr refuses to do refill requests from Express-Scripts. I have to call the dr office and request refills. They jusr got overwhelmed by auto-requests so they ignore them. The other real problem is the scheme ES concocted to ship orders. They have bee using DHL ( which I thought had croaked in the USA) to ship to local transfer points in the US, and transfer them to US Postal Service. The transfer points are backed up and delivery has taken as long a 2 weeks for a 250 mile trip. Liquids freeze when left in trailer truck and pills are marked avoid overheated storage. My question is: Are prescriptions left in shipping containers in the cold or sun any good when you get them?
RDTELMAN
CEO

Return to Retiree Benefits